Trying to cram all of your favorite lotions and potions into a 1 quart zip lock bag is challenging. Let’s face it, we like to have great looking skin, especially when we are on vacation and in front of the camera for all of those great photos and selfies. Here are some of our favorite travel-friendly products and some general advice for you as you pack. We also have an amazing travel packing seminar coming up on May 29th and you can learn how to pack like a pro from Styling with Julie. We’ll have some skin care samples and you can save on purchasing travel-ready skin care products at the seminar.
First, a refresher on the essential steps in skin care that you need to continue every day, even while on vacation.
- Cleanse your skin: don’t forget to remove the makeup, oil, sunscreen and dirt (it was a great hike, but leave the dirt on the trail!) from your skin each night.
- Moisturize: our skin needs hydration to look its best and function well to protect us, especially in dry or sunny climates and as we age.
- Exfoliate: by removing the outer, dead skin cells regularly, we reveal the fresher, healthier, newer skin below. If you’re going on a short trip, you can skip this step.
- Protect: Daily SPF is a must, year round on exposed skin.
Our favorite travel-friendly products:
- Colorescience SPF 50 Sunforgettable powder: First, this is not a liquid so it frees up room in the quart size bag. It has a little tint which works with many skin types and can be used on face, neck, scalp, body. It comes with its own built in brush, eliminating the need to pack a separate brush
- Colorescience Total Eye 3-in-1 SPF 35: Fabulous all-in-one concealer/coverup/ eye treatment with SPF 35
- Epionce Daily Shield Lotion Tinted SPF 50: This facial sunscreen acts as a light foundation and has become the go to product in our office with no one needing a foundation on top of this.
- Cleanser: Choose a cleanser based your skin type (dry, sensitive, oily, etc). Sometimes a cleansing wipe can be a good choice if you are really limited on space for liquids. We like Obagi’s Cleansing Wipes.
- Colorescience Eye and Brow Palette: Perfect for shaping and defining brows and highlighting eyelids. Comes with a brush and a mirror in the container making it the perfect travel and purse
- Sunforgettable Total Protection Body Shield SPF 50: This broad spectrum UVA/UVB skin protection is chemical-free, water/sweat resistant(80 minutes) applies clear with no white residue
- Obagi Professional-C Microdermabrasion Polish: New from Obagi, this amazing dual-action polish and mask exfoliates and infuses skin with Vitamin C. You can travel with the original container (2.8 oz) or put it in a smaller travel container and enjoy the benefit of brighter, smoother and more youthful-looking skin while on vacation.