Make sure you enjoy every day of your vacation (not just day one when you burn for lack of planning) and keep your skin healthy
- Put an SPF 30 or higher on your face and exposed skin every day this summer.
- Try to avoid being in the sun between 10am and 3pm to avoid the strongest UV waves
- Seek the shade of a tree or umbrella
- Wear a hat and sunglasses when out in the sun
- Try some cute UPF protective clothing this summer to better protect your body
- Re-apply your SPF every two hours or after swimming and toweling off
- Don’t forget to protect your ears and lips, common areas for skin cancers
- Self tanner does NOT protect you from the sun
Confused with all the sunscreen options? Schedule a Skin Care Consultation appointment with Sarah and and she’ll help you find a good one to protect your skin. Dr. Vessely is a big fan of zinc and titanium containing sunscreens. These are mineral based sunscreens and are effective immediately upon application. The chemical blocks must be applied at least 30 minutes before sun exposure.